Friday, March 26, 2010

The weekend is Finally here....ahhhhhhh!

Well it is finally Friday...the day of the week we all just love.  The kids were way excited because tonight their two cousins were able to spend the night. Sarah went to Utah for a dress fitting...her niece is getting married so they're picking out the dresses. So she let Alaysha and Drennin stay over. I tell you what, it's been a hyper roller coaster since 3pm. They've been having a ball that is for sure. :o)
This is Alaysha, Joshua (on the floor under the blanket), David and Drennin. They were pretending that Joshua was a ghost, so he was chasing them around the house. His costume was a purple Tinker Bell blanket. they were having the best of times. I am actually really happy they stayed over. The kid's daddy went back to California for a week or so and they were really missing him. So this has been a nice distraction from the whole 'Daddy is gone' feeling floating around the house. 
     Our evening is not over yet though...we've got movies and popcorn awaiting us. I'm hoping all this hyper activity will wear them down that when the movie starts, their eye lids will softly close and off to dream land they will go. I am totally crossing my fingers that it will happen that smoothly. However I am a realist and I do know exactly how children work....when it all gets quiet, suddenly they'll realize whats happening and well...I'm sure you know where we'll end up. :o) 
     

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I love the picture! I haven't seen pics of the girls in year, and reality just hit of how big they are getting! Oh, my goodness!!! Anyway, hope it was a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly have grown, it amazes me at times as well. All of our kids are growing way to quickly. Our evening went great, thanks.

    ReplyDelete