Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Exhausting, Exhilarating, and So worth it!!

Day 3 of potty training and little Shiera has shown so much improvement. Shiera woke up at 6 am to go to the bathroom and then again at 8 am. She was dry both times, which makes me grin from ear to ear. Yesterday was full of tears and hating to stay on the potty. A constant fight!!! However today has been wonderful. Shiera decided that she was a big girl and needed to do everything herself.

I was sweeping when I noticed she had taken off her underwear and pants and was headed to the potty. I followed her and she climbed onto the potty and went. When she finished she clapped and said, "yay, done!" I was so excited I had to call her Daddy and her Granny to tell them what a big girl she is being.  :o)

Since then Shiera hasn't needed any reminders to go potty, she just strips down and runs to the potty. :o) I am so thankful, our Heavenly Father truly answers prayers. I am praying that tomorrow will be just as good. I just wonder how she'll do when we finally venture down town. That is always the nerve racking part, running errands with a potty training child. You never know if an accident is around the corner. I probably need to purchase some pull ups for outings like that. :o)

2 comments:

  1. That is so aweomse!! Congrats! As for outings, I always just threw a extra pair of clothes in the diaper bag. I was afraid to resort to pull ups, because Nick treated them like a diaper, and we always went backwards when he used them. But, every kido is different!
    On a positive note, the boys are doing great. I got them up at 2 again last night, and they are continuing to wake up dry. I'm just wondering if I'm going to have wake up at 2 for the rest of my life... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, you know what I feel the same way about pull ups as you do. It always seems like they revert back to their diaper days. I hate them...but like you say every child is different. :) That is a good idea to take spare clothes.
    Your boys are doing so awesome. That is just wonderful and you know what, eventually you won't have to wake them up. They'll do it on their own. :) But I do know how your feeling. Sometimes it seems like things are going to last forever. Stay strong and before you know it they'll be sleeping through the night and waking up dry. Stay strong...this too shall pass. :o)

    ReplyDelete